Wednesday, January 14, 2009

19 Weeks Today

Another update for everyone...

So we had our other appointment today with our other doctor regarding the Diabetes consult. He just discussed with us the risks of gestational diabetes. It was stuff that I already knew about or read about, but it was good for Mannix to hear it for himself as well. Luckily the diabetes is only borderline and all of my readings have been low. I haven't gained any weight since my appointment 4 weeks ago and all the "old school-ers" seem to think that it's not a good thing. I eat when I'm hungry and I stop when I'm full. I don't want to gain an unnecessary weight and I definitely don't want this baby to be too big.

Anyways.. onto the rest of the appointment. The doctor did another ultrasound (in additon to the one my ob-gyn did on Monday). He was able to tell us the sex of the baby... which I think I'll keep a secret for one more day... LOL. =)~ We will be sharing the sex of the baby, but decided to keep the name a secret.

The doctor also did do a 3D ultrasound and it was pretty cool. I can't wait to do the 4D! The 3D one alone is so clear. I can't believe the difference from our first 3D taken at 13 weeks compared to the one done today at 19 weeks.

Doctor said everything looks good, except for the fact that my placenta is over my cervix. I guess that's also known as Placenta Previa (or a low-lying placenta). This means that my placenta is over my cervix either totally or partially (not sure how much mine is covering). If the placenta does not move throughout the course of my pregnancy (which it does 95% of the time), then it blocks the baby's way out of my tummy. The doctor didn't seem too concerned about it, so I'm not going to worry about it myself. He has me on certain restrictions, but nothing too serious. This can cause bleeding, so I have to look out for that. We have a follow-up appointment with him in 8 weeks (I'll be 27 weeks at that time!)

I still haven't felt the baby move, or at least I'm not sure if its the baby or just my crazy stomach. The first time I felt something was about a week ago. I was sitting there after dinner, watching the Laker game, and I felt this really weird... "feeling" on the right side of my stomach, kinda like a jab or maybe a kick. It was quick, so I just kinda sat there trying to figure out if it was my stomach digesting my dinner or the baby. It definitely didn't feel like digestion, but I still can't say for sure if it was the baby. The second time was this past Sunday. I was laying on the couch with my feet up listening to Mannix play the piano, and again I felt something different in my tummy. This time it was more centered. It felt like something was swimming inside, but again, I'm still not sure. Since this is my first pregnancy, I really don't know what it feels like when the baby moves, especially right now because the movement aren't that strong. I'm hoping to feel him or her move really soon.

Other than that... everything else is good. I will try to post pictures within the next few days. I did put up or 3D ultrasound on myspace =)

In the meantime.. have fun guessing if we're having a little girl or little boy!

4 comments:

  1. Hey gurl..told ya I would post :P Great to hear your doing very good. I'm glad nix went to...it really makes a difference...yay! Can't wait to hear more news! As usual...take care Ma2s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so great that you guys decided to blog! Especially because things get so crazy for everyone, it's so hard to keep up. The best advice I can offer, is just relax! Don't stress yourself outII Being spoiled while you're pregnant only lasts 9 months & after that, its late-night feedings & stink diapers! Keep us posted. =)

    Love,
    Leelyn =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!! nice way to keep everyone up to date you two and mini you =)

    take care! and can't wait to hear more!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry I wouldn't steal any baby names, since I'm not pregnant AND since nobody seems to like the names I would choose if I were to have a baby I think we'd be safe. Plus I like old-timey names. But a few names I like are: Isabella, Ava, Analeigh, Noemi, Vivienne, Genevieve, Mailea.

    ReplyDelete